Our Creation Brought to Life

After weeks of ideation, it was finally time to fabricate our design.


We began by 3D printing all the necessary parts of the Recap. the prints came out pretty great considering the pieces are so small.






The next piece to make was the silicone centre. First we had to make a mold of piece, then we poured silicone into it to make our piece. This took several tries to get a piece that was the proper thickness.





In the end, this is what we presented to our classmates. Unfortunately it still does not work, but I had a good time working with my group mates. Take a look at our infomercial below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qhyx7ed3kUbufEia6f0KYrgbay86ro_k/view?usp=sharing


I have yet to give up on this project. I have other ideas in mind for something that might work with the twisting pieces we made. I just can't get the thought of an umbrella mechanism out of my head...

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Time with Grasshopper

Parametric (WEIRD) Furniture Concepts