Experimental Castle


This week, we were asked to use basic functions in Rhino 5 to create an original castle. We used commands such as Polygon and Extrude to create 3D forms. For my castle, I began with a small watchtower. I made several more watchtowers and connected them with a tunnel system.




 For the castle, I began with a foundation and though tit should have a few steps. I began to explore some shapes to create the body of the castle.









I experimented with a sort of tunnel system that led to the second floor. I also started to make windows for the third floor and really liked with happened with the extrusions. I decided to leave the "balconies".


I added several cylinder of varying sizes and heights to create the rest of the castle. Some of them intersect and I difficulties trying to split or trim the extra pieces.

I had never create a dome-like surface before in this program and thought this the perfect opportunity to try it! Here is the final result.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Time with Grasshopper

Parametric (WEIRD) Furniture Concepts