Update on Parametric Shelf

I spent much of my time reworking the algorithm in order to simplify it as well as built upon it more efficiently.

I started with the poles. I was able to give them random radii and lengths as before, and place them randomly in space. I then gave each one a shelf, all with random radii. 



I also set up another set of poles, offset from the center of each shelf.


From there I decided it was best to bring everything down to 0 on the z-axis to make the shelf more sturdy. I also added another layer of shelves.


This is the algorithm as it currently stands:




Here is where I'm stuck. I would like to ensure the all my shelves are attached in one piece. They all are except one. I spent a lot of time exploring the split list function, trying to find a way to attach one shelf to the next but couldn't quite figure it out. I'm sure it's super simple but I'll have to consult my teacher.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Time with Grasshopper

Parametric (WEIRD) Furniture Concepts